About you Student Advisor
My name is Lucia Covarrubias and I am the Student Advisor at Duarte and City of Industry (COI). I received my BA in Psychology and Spanish from UCSB (Go Gauchos!) and obtained a Masters in School Counseling at CSUDH. I am an animal lover and can be considered a crazy cat lady. I am world traveler and are always in search for a new adventure. Fun fact about me: I love love love coffee! Schedule an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org, Follow me on Instagram @oflsgvstudentadvisors.
Cash for College Workshops
Cash for College Workshops provide our students and their families with free assistance completing and submitting FAFSA and California Dream Act applications.
- All students who are planning to graduate November 2017 and June 2018 need to attend, including those who attended last year
- All students, regardless of legal status may qualify for financial aid
- Students who are undecided about their postsecondary plan need to attend to ensure that they meet financial aid deadlines
- Financial Aid is first come first served!!
Lion's Path Portfolio
All students in the San Gabriel Valley Region will need to complete their Lions Path Portfolio in order to graduate from high school. This process is designed to help you fulfill a graduation requirement and to assist your transition to the post high school world. This project is designed to prepare you for the various paths available to you after high school.
The LPP consists of the following:
- Cover Letter
- Career Inventory
- Senior Interview
- Graduation Speech
- Post-Secondary Plan (College/Vocational, Work Plan, or Military Plan)
Workshops have been scheduled. Please sign up!
Graduation is just around the corner! Stay on track and keep up with your credits in order to make the deadline. Check my board for the dates of the upcoming Lions Portfolio Workshops and deadlines. If you have not completed your ten hours of community service, make sure you start looking for a nonprofit organization where you can donate your time!
Senior Graduates TO DO:
- Finish your credits!
- 10 hours of community service
- Complete your Lions Path Portfolio
- Sign up for College
- Complete your FAFSA!
Have you heard of Lion Scholars?
If you are planning to apply to a university this year you need to be part of this elite group.
As a Lion Scholar you will attend 12 seminars which will help you stay focused, on track and meet all the university deadlines.
Some of these workshops are:
- SAT/ACT registration
- writing your Personal Statement
- completing your CSU/UC/Private school application
- among other important topics.
All students need to complete a minimum of 10 hours of community service at a non-profit organization. Please ensure that you are volunteering at an approve location prior to volunteering. Here are some locations where we have volunteered at.